Mediterranean Pita with Hummus
Today I had an incredible craving for crunchy vegetables spread out over a fluffy, warm pita.
To conquer my craving, I threw together these quick and delicious pitas using homemade hummus, fresh veggies and feta. They are great toasted for a snack, light dinner or as an awesome no-cook, no-reheat lunch option that’s packed with flavor. The next time you get a craving for some crunchy vegetables or hummus, try this delicious recipe to conquer your craving!
We know, we know, we’re always talking about meal prep, but it truly is the holy grail to healthy eating.
To simplify your busy week, make your hummus on your meal prep day and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Some ways to “reinvent” your leftover hummus:
- APPETIZER OR SNACK: Serve hummus with cucumber slices and red pepper slices as an appetizer or snack.
- BREAKFAST TOAST OR ENGLISH MUFFIN: Avocado, hummus and egg on toast, an English muffin OR in a breakfast wrap. (Optional: Top with a few sliced cherry tomatoes).
- BREAKFAST WRAP: Scrambled egg, hummus, spinach and tomato.
- SANDWICH SPREAD: Skip mayo and use your leftover hummus to top a turkey sandwich. Grill on a panini press and serve.
- SOUTHWEST HUMMUS WRAPS: Corn, black beans, hummus, tomato, avocado, shredded lettuce and a dash of cayenne pepper. You can even add grilled chicken!
- PANINI SANDWICH: Hummus, tomato, avocado and feta. (Optional: Add sliced turkey breast).
- QUESADILLA: Hummus, mashed avocado and queso fresco.
- GRILLED MEDITERRANEAN PIZZA: Use hummus as the base. Top with vegetables (grilled zucchini, red peppers and eggplant), goat cheese and kalamata olives. Garnish with fresh basil.
- SALAD DRESSING: 3 tablespoons hummus, 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, 4-6 finely chopped kalamata olives, 1 tablespoon olive oil. The garlicky taste of hummus goes especially well tossed with spinach and arugula.
Share The Goodness
You May Also Enjoy
Leave a Comment
Hi beautiFULL, We’re Pam and Kalie
If you want your family to live a healthier life, you’ve come to the right place! Our simple wellness practices have been handed down for three generations and are the secret weapon to staying healthy and sane.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE
Real Food Crash Course
Learn how to cut out processed food in a realistic and manageable way.
Free Guide Food – Real Food Crash Course
"*" indicates required fields