Shredded Salsa Verde Chicken (Enjoy in Tacos or Burrito Bowls)
- Total Time: 6-8 hrs
- Yield: 8 1x
Slow cooker instructions:
- Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix salsa and Greek yogurt in a bowl and pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. For minimal cleanup, shred chicken directly in the crockpot.
- Serve the shredded chicken with a slotted spoon to drain any excess liquid.
- Store leftover chicken and sauce in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease large casserole dish with coconut oil.
- Mix salsa and Greek yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken breasts to baking dish and top with salsa mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (time will vary depending on thickness of chicken), until chicken is tender and no
- longer pink in the center.
- Serve as is or cut chicken into small pieces and serve in tacos, bowls or burritos.
- This chicken can be served multiple ways. There are lots of ideas above. Our personal favorite is taco-style, in a homemade tortilla with guacamole and salsa.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6-8 hrs
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Slow Cooker, Too Easy
Keywords: Create A Meal Using Leftovers, Gluten-Free, Main Dish