Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteaks with Peppers and Onions
- Total Time: 6 hrs, 15 min to 8 hr, 15 min
- Yield: 8 1x
Hearty, comforting, and easy to make at home, you’re going to LOVE these best-ever cheesesteak sandwiches. The tender ribeye steak is seasoned to perfection. The melted provolone cheese, caramelized onions and sautèed peppers hugged by a toasted hoagie roll make this the ultimate comfort dish. The hardest part of this recipe is choosing how you want to serve it!
Slow cooker ingredients:
- 2 & 1/2 pounds ribeye steak , cut into thin strips (or steak of your choice)
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional but recommended)
- 1 & 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Place thin strips of meat in slow cooker. Add all remaining slow cooker ingredients, stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, add coconut oil to a medium, deep sauté pan and place over medium-low heat. Add bell peppers and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 20 minutes). If they begin to brown, turn the heat down a bit.
- Just before plating, split open the hoagies rolls but do not separate them. Place them on a baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and broil buns, 1 minute on each side. Remove buns from oven fill with meat (use a slotted spoon to leave liquid behind), peppers and onions, top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Broil on low on a baking sheet for an additional 2 minutes, until cheese has melted and begins to bubble. Serve immediately.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Dairy-free:To make this meal dairy-free,eliminate the cheese.
Low-carb: For a low-carb option, eliminate the roll.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6-8 hrs
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker, Too Easy
Keywords: Philly Cheesesteak