Salads (served cold)
- Chicken caprese salad - leftover chicken, tomato slices and fresh basil, drizzled with balsamic vinegar or pesto (served with toasted pita wedges)
- Dill Chicken Salad (served with pita wedges cut into triangles or in a Bibb lettuce “cup”)
- Egg salad - variations include egg salad that's made with plain Greek yogurt or avocado rather than mayo (served with pita wedges, in a Bibb lettuce “cup” or with raw veggies)
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with leftover chicken (served with fresh fruit)
- Whole wheat pasta salad: pasta tossed with diced tomatoes, EVOO/pesto and mozzarella/ parmesan cheese (served with fresh fruit)
Soup (can be previously made and defrosted; served warm in a thermos)
- Tomato soup or bisque (with or without whole wheat noodles floating in it)
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Vegetable soup (with or without whole wheat noodles floating in it)
- Creamy Southwest Chicken Chili
Misc. (served hot or cold)
- Beans mixed with leftover cooked ground beef and topped with cheese (served warm in thermos with Greek yogurt on the side)
- Food on a stick packed with a side of rice - think of a kabob
- Homemade chicken nuggets (made previously and defrosted, served with Honey Mustard)
- Leftover Carrot Fritters (made previously and defrosted)
- Leftover homemade pizza (served hot or cold)
- Slow cooker BBQ chicken (served over rice, in a wrap or on a salad with a side of fresh fruit or Coleslaw)
Need some quick and easy snack ideas to go along with your lunch? Check out our 70+ Snack Ideas for Kids and Adults.
Let's simplify lunchtime - together!
Pam & Kalie
P.S. Did we miss any of your favorites? We'd love to hear them in the comments below!