Baked Bruschetta Chicken
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
- 6 roma tomatoes chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil, loosely packed (about 27 medium leaves or .75 oz.)
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves fresh)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
Prepare bruschetta ahead:
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and set aside for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to marry. This can be prepped in advance the night before to save time on busy nights.
Putting it together:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each chicken breast in half vertically (crosswise, just down from the thickest part of the breast, across the grain). Now, slice each piece of chicken horizontally (width-wise), working away from you and toward the thinner end. You will end up with two thinner chicken breasts. This will help your chicken cook evenly. If you want them any thinner, you can use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound them even thinner.
- Set the chicken in the baking pan. Pour the bruschetta on top of the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. This largely depends on the thickness of the chicken.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbling.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Paleo-friendly/Dairy-free: Omit the mozzarella cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, One Pot, Too Easy