Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
This Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal is loaded with wholesome ingredients—oats, carrots, cinnamon and apples. A small amount of maple syrup mixed in makes it taste like a treat without any refined sugar being added. This baked oatmeal will keep you full all morning long.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups rolled oat
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups matchstick carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cups apple, grated or finely chopped
- ½ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup raisins or currants
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice (can substitute with ground ginger)
- 1 & ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Milk for serving
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, orange juice, milk, maple syrup and vanilla together with a whisk.
- Add oats, carrots, apples, raisins, coconut, cinnamon, ground allspice, salt and baking powder. Add melted butter. Mix to combine.
- If you’re adding in any additions, gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake oatmeal on the middle rack until the top is golden brown, 50-55 minutes. Allow the baked oatmeal to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm with milk or chill in the refrigerator and eat cold with milk.
Dairy-free: Replace cow’s milk with almond milk.
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free ingredients, if necessary.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Recipes
Keywords: Baked Oatmeal, Breakfast