Caramelized Banana Topping
- Total Time: 8 minute
One banana, two banana, three bananas foster! These gooey, caramelized bananas taste great on ice cream, can be eaten solo or even used to top waffles or pancakes instead of syrup. Dessert has never been so easy! This recipe can be made in 10 minutes flat and you’ll be in pure bliss with every bite!
- 2 large bananas (ripe)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons rum
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Slice each banana in half and then again lengthwise (hot dog style).
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add maple syrup and stir until combined. Add vanilla, rum, and cinnamon. Bring to a low simmer and stir until combined.
- On medium heat, add bananas and cook 2-4 minutes on each side, until bananas are softened and begin to brown. Serve immediately!
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Cook Time: 5 to 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Caramelized Bananas Topping, Bananas, Toppings