Butternut Squash Ravioli with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Topped with a rich and flavorful Creamy Pumpkin Sauce that comes together quickly with a few staple ingredients, this Butternut Squash Ravioli tastes like heaven! It’s the ultimate fall recipe and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- 2 – 8 oz. packs of Butternut Squash ravioli
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion (½ medium onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, add EVOO to a large sauté pan or pot. Sauté onion and garlic on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until onions are slightly translucent. Spoon sautéed onions, garlic and all remaining sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender. Set large pan aside for later use and blend sauce until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender to blend sauce in a mixing bowl OR just add remaining sauce ingredients directly into pan with onions for a chunkier sauce.
- Pour sauce into the pan you used to sauté your onion and garlic. Simmer on low for 5-7 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Add baby spinach and chicken to sauce and stir to combine. Simmer on medium-low heat until spinach has wilted and chicken is warm. Turn heat down and keep sauce warm over very low heat.
- Add the ravioli to boiling water. The ravioli will float on the surface of the water when they are finished, 4-6 minutes. Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to carefully remove and drain the ravioli (they are very delicate).
- Plate and top with pumpkin sauce and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Dairy-free: Choose a dairy-free ravioli and replace cow’s milk with almond milk.
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free ingredients, if necessary.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: 30 Minute Meals